Birth chart is just the snapshot of the sky that shows the planetary alignment in the 12 zodiac signs. At a beginner level and as astrologer enthusiast every astrologer doubts how to start analysis of a chart. Should we start analysis from first house and then go house wise or there are other ways round. There is no thumb rule in astrology about how a chart should be analyzed. Different astrologers have different ways of analysis. Here, just jotting down few baby steps that can help an astrologer for basic interpretation of birth chart
Basic interpretation of birth chart
- Make sure that time of birth is correct. Sometimes if your ascendant degree is 28 to 30 degree than first analyse if the time is correct because with change of five minutes, the ascendant will change as it is in the last degrees.
- Then check the lord of the ascendant where it is placed because your entire focus of life would be in the activities related to those house. Check the degrees of all planet, if they are in early and late degrees.
- Check the position of moon. It shows what your mind wants.
- Check the position of sun, it shows what your soul wants.
- Check the other planets and signs that would indicate your domestic and professional life.
- Look at the nakshatra placement of moon as it would tell the direction of mind. For eg: if you want to be in a government service, nakshatra of moon would give details of the service.
- Look for aspects and conjunction.
- Look for functional benefic and malefics. If functional benefic conjunct with functional malefic shows that the signification of functional benefic may suffer due to functional malefic.
- Then check the trine, square and sextile of planets.
- Look for the dasha and antardasha.
- Check the transits and divisional charts like navamsa that shows the dignity of planet.
- Then check the yogas like sasa yoga, panch mahapurush yoga, raj yoga.