Jyestha nakshatra in vedic astrology is the 18th nakshatra.
Sign and degree
Jyestha nakshatra (or star) falls within 16.4 degree to 30 degree of Scorpio. The nakshatra is totally in Scorpio sign. Hence, all the traits of Scorpio sign are in Jyestha nakshatra.
Symbol and meaning:
Round talisman represents the nakshatra . It shows the connection of the nakshatra with mysticism and the alternate symbol of the nakshatra is an umbrella. “Jyestha” means the eldest or the senior most.
The nakshatra activates itself at the age of 6th, 7th, 8th, 28th, 27th and 36th age.
The deity of the nakshatra is Indra, the king of Gods. The lord of the nakshatra is Mercury and sign lord in Mars and ketu.
All the 27 nakshatra in vedic astrology are 27 sisters. As per mythology, Moon was married to all the 27 sisters but moon had special affection for Rohini. He used to spend time with Rohini without paying attention to his other wives.
So all the other wives of moon felt jealous of Rohini, they felt rejected so they went to Jyestha, the eldest sister to complain about their grievences.
Then Jyestha being the eldest of all the sisters laid down rules for moon that as a husband he must spend equal amount of time with remaining wives. So moon transits in one nakshatra in one day.
Jyeshta Nakshatra 1st Pada:
The first pada of this Jyeshta Nakshatra falls in the Sagittarius Navamsa ruled by Jupiter. Financial interests, higher studies will be on focus. The native is generous.
Jyeshta Nakshatra 2nd Pada:
The second pada of this Jyeshta Nakshatra falls in the Capricorn Navamsa ruled by Saturn. Hence, a lot of hard work requires to achieve success in life.
Jyeshta Nakshatra 3rd Pada:
The third pada of this Jyeshta Nakshatra falls in the Aquarius Navamsa ruled by Saturn. They are sensitive to the need of others and like to help the needy. Must avoid strange sexual encounters.
Jyeshta Nakshatra 4th Pada:
The fourth pada of this Jyeshta Nakshatra falls in the Pisces Navamsa ruled by Jupiter. The native loves children and shows interest in exploring the exotic sciences. Emotions can drift them.
Interpretation of the nakshatra:
- As Jyestha means eldest and elder people in a group always has pride and ego for being the senior most. Such people may also have certain traits. They can also be one of the matured person in group.
- The nakshatra deity is Indra so such people always wants social status.
- The alternate symbol of the nakshatra is an umbrella. The umbrella shows people of authority as earlier days authoritative people had servants to hold umbrella.
- Round talisman shows occult and mysticism. The mystical energy of Scorpio works best in Jyestha nakshatra.
- The umbrella also shows divine protection due to the mystical power one attains through the nakshatra.
- It is one of the Gandamool nakshatra. The Gandanta point brings huge emotional stress in life of people. Because Moon is also debilitated in Scorpio.
- As there is a story of jealousy in this nakshatra, such people also can be jealous of others.
- As Jyestha made rules and regulation for moon such people can be good people manager and they can also justify their actions. They are fair and treat everyone equally.
- They can also be in administrative work as jyestha manages things.
- On the other hand, they can also work for neglected or rejected people in society or can work for environmental issues.
- They can work for occult and mystical side of life, can work for fairness and justice to all.
Which Rashi Jyestha nakshatra falls?
Jyestha nakshatra falls entirely in scorpio sign
What is the symbol and meaning of Jyestha nakshatra?
Round talisman represents the nakshatra . It shows the connection of the nakshatra with mysticism and the alternate symbol of the nakshatra is an umbrella.
How is the married life of Jyestha nakshatra people?
There can be fights and arguments in marriage. Read: Moon in all nakshatras in Vedic astrology