Purva bhadrapada nakshatra is the 25th nakshatra in vedic astrology
Table of Contents
Signs and degrees:
The nakshatra (star) falls within 20 degree of Aquarius to 3.2 degree of Pisces. So , the nakshatra has the traits and characteristics of both the signs.
Meaning and representation
Purva means former, bhadra means good or auspicious and pada means feet. So purvabhadrapada means former/ initial lucky feet or former/auspicious lucky feet.
The nakshatra is represented by “front part of the funeral pyre” or “a double faced person”.
The star activates at the age of 18th, 21st, 24th, 37th, 39th, 45th, 61st, 63rd to 65th, 69th and 87th year of age.
The nakshatra lord is Jupiter. The main deity is Aja ekapada, the one footed goat. Sign lord is Saturn-north node of the moon is Aquarius sign and Jupiter in Pisces sign.
This is among the last three nakshatra. Hence, it is mainly connected to spirituality and liberation. The front part of the funeral pyre that indicates liberation of soul represents the nakshatra. So, it also indicates final liberation of soul.
Interpretation of Purva-Bhadrapada nakshatra:
Purva Bhadrapada 1st Pada:
The first pada falls in the Aries Navamsa. Mars rules Aries. They are mentally aggressive and focus on controlling their temper and aggression. They also master their will-power to achieve their goals.
Purva Bhadrapada 2nd Pada:
The second pada falls in the Taurus Navamsa. Venus rules Taurus. They focus on being indulgent. They are also prone to physically expressing the dark side of their natures.
Purva Bhadrapada 3rd Pada:
The third pada falls in the Gemini Navamsa. Mercury rules Gemini. They focus on communication. At the same time, they are humorous in nature.
Purva Bhadrapada 4th Pada:
The fourth pada falls in the Cancer Navamsa. Moon rules Cancer. They have the aspects of both the persecutor and persecuted.
- The nakshatra represents the first glimpse of liberation. So if a person assumes that s/he attained liberation while meditating, s/he must remember that it is the first glimpse of liberation. They must work for attaining the final liberation.
- The nakshatra is also known as former auspicious feet. Hence, it can initiate the liberation process in a person. The one footed goat also shows first step towards liberation.
- They need to face challenges to realize the ultimate truth. So they should not consider the first step of liberation process as the final step.
- Front part of the funeral pyre represents leaving materialistic side of life and moving towards spirituality and liberation.
- The representation of double faced person represents duality of life. It can also show someone a trickster in spiritual field.
- The nakshatra lord is Jupiter that shows natural trait of guiding, counseling. They can also be better counselor in spiritual field.
- Finally it is related to attaining spiritual pursuit , final liberation, serving humanity through spirituality and knowledge.
- The native gets best result with regular spiritual practices like meditation.