Revati nakshatra is the 27th nakshatra and the last nakshatra in vedic astrology.
Table of Contents
Signs and degrees
The nakshatra falls within 16.4 degree of Pisces to 30 degree of Pisces. So revati nakshatra falls entirely in the sign of Pisces.
Meaning and representation
Revati means wealth or wealthy.
“Fish swimming in the sea” or “drum” represents Revati nakshatra.
The nakshatra activates at the age of 5th, 6th, 12th, 32nd, 42nd and 60th year of age. So, any planet in the nakshatra will automatically activates at this ages.
The deity of Revati nakshatra is Lord Pushan, who takes a soul to final liberation . The nakshatra lord is Mercury and sign lord is jupiter.
Revati nakshatra represents the final stage of liberation. In many nakshatras we experienced materialistic gains, fulfillment of desires, After experiencing all the comforts and conveyance of life in terms of materialistic pursuits , we moved to the religious side of life and gain happiness through religious text , religion.
After a certain stage, that also seems to be futile and we shift to spiritual practices like meditation and later we realize even that is an illusion. So revati nakshatra is beyond spirituality which is liberation.
Interpretation of the nakshatra:
Revati Nakshatra 1st Pada
The first pada of the Revati Nakshatra falls in the Sagittarius Navamsa ruled by Jupiter. They are optimistic and focused on being casual and generous.
Revati Nakshatra 2nd Pada
The second pada of the Revati Nakshatra falls in the Capricorn Navamsa ruled by Saturn. They are well-organized, and also sticks to the tried and tested path, without taking any risks.
Revati Nakshatra 3rd Pada
The third pada of the Revati Nakshatra falls in the Aquarius Navamsa ruled by Saturn. They are also compassionate and sensitive to the pains of others, and do everything to help them.
Revati Nakshatra 4th Pada
The fourth pada of the Revati Nakshatra falls in the Pisces Navamsa ruled by Jupiter. However, they are prone to dreaming, and building castles in the air. They can also be easily influenced.
Interpretation of the nakshatra
- As the nakshatra represents liberation, it shows the permanent abode of the soul.
- The meaning of “wealth” for the nakshatra means materialistic gains but also liberation as a person is wealthy only when s/he attains the final liberation.
- The nakshatra also represents drums that shows the native is creative. The interest of the native is also in arts and music.
- Drums can also be connected to someone who is a Shepard or cowboy who beats the drums to gather the cattle to take them back home. Here Lord Pushan has also the ability to find the lost soul and take it to the final stage of liberation.
- The nakshatra symbolizes ” fish swimming in sea” that shows human soul can get liberation in this world only, there is no other world.
- It shows deepest level of spirituality, imagination and creativity. They can also earns from spiritual and creative pursuits