Shravana nakshatra in vedic astrology is the 22nd nakshatra in vedic astrology.
Signs and degrees:
The nakshatra falls within 10 degree of Capricorn to 23.2 degree of Capricorn. So Shravana nakshatra falls entirely within Capricorn sign.
Moon in all nakshatras in vedic astrology
Symbol and meaning:
The general meaning of Shravana is “listening” or “the one who limps”. “Ear”, “trident” or “row of 3 uneven footsteps” represents the nakshatra (star). The nakshatra activates at the ages of 5th, 15th, 33rd, 35th, 41st, 50th, 55th, 57th, 58th and 77th year of age.
The deity of Shravana nakshatra is Lord Vishnu. Saraswati is also the goddess of Shravana nakshatra. Moon is the nakshatra lord and sign lord is Saturn.
The Demon king Bali had conquered all 3 world (earth, heaven, netherworld). The demi God went to Vishnu for help. Vishnu took the form of little Brahmin boy also known as Vamana avatar and approached Bali after Bali completed his yagna.
One of the rule of the yagna was Bali cannot deny charity request of Brahmins after the yagna.
On the other hand, Vishnu taking his Vamana avatar approached Bali and ask for the amount of land that he can cover only through his three strides. Bali was amused and curious to see how much land the Brahmin can cover in his three strides.
Bali’s teacher Guru Shukrachariya was aware of Vishnu Vamana avatar and warned Bali. But Bali promised the Brahmin boy .
As soon as Bali promised Vamana avatar of Vishnu grew so big that in one stride it covered entire of Netherworld and earth, in another stride it covered the heaven, then Vishnu asked where to keep his third feet, as Bali was true to his words, he gave his head for the third stride. Bali was pushed to the lowest of the world. Bali’s honesty pleased Vishnu and Vishnu promised him to help whenever he needs him.
So here we understand the symbol of trident, 3 uneven footsteps and one who limps as Vishnu was not able to complete the third limp.
Interpretation of Shravan nakshatra
Shravana Nakshatra 1st Pada:
The first pada of the Shravana Nakshatra falls in the Aries Navamsa ruled by Mars. They focus on cultivating logic, ambition and initiative.
Shravana Nakshatra 2nd Pada:
The second pada of the Shravana Nakshatra falls in the Taurus Navamsa ruled by Venus. They are diplomatic, and interested in music and the entertainment industry.
Shravana Nakshatra 3rd Pada:
The third pada of the Shravana Nakshatra falls in the Gemini Navamsa ruled by Mercury. They focus on communication and wish to expand knowledge.
Shravana Nakshatra 4th Pada:
The fourth pada of the Shravana Nakshatra falls in the Cancer Navamsa ruled by the Moon. They are sympathetic and receptive. They can hold public offices or jobs in the hotel.
- As the nakshatra is related to hearing, they can be in communication related work like working in telecom company or can be teacher/counseller/ guides. Listening is the first step of communication.
- It also shows one must learn to listen in lifetime. It can be listening to oneself or listening to one’s intuition.
- They can resolve issues in friendly ways and can be teacher, counselor or guiding people.
- As Sravana nakshatra is related to communication, such people can also be in lowest level of communication like gossips and spreading rumors.
- The nakshatra is about communication, hence, they can be seen as good orators. They are likely to be honest.
- The star is ruled by moon, so, they can be highly emotional and generous people. They can be in loss due to generous nature.
- AT the same time, they can go to any levels or extremes to achieve goals.
- They can also present themselves differently in different circumstances or if the situation demands them to be different from their personality.
- Venus is not comfortable in this nakshatra though it is in friendly sign of Capricorn because Guru Shukrachariya words were ignored by Bali in mythology.
- As Vishnu restored the balance of the universe, they love to restore balance in life of people.
- They learn things better by listening than reading
- They are the best people to talk as they have immense capacity to listen and counsel people.
Comments are closed.