Chitra nakshatra is the 14th nakshatra in vedic astrology.
Table of Contents
Signs and degrees
It falls within 23.2 degrees of Virgo to 6.4 degrees of Libra. As the nakshatra is present equally in both the sign, so it will be equally impacted by the traits of both Virgo and Libra signs.
Symbol and representation
Chitra means picture or image. The root word of the nakshatra is “Chitta” that means consciousness. It is the image or picture of everything that remains in our conscious and subconscious mind.
The symbol of the nakshatra (or star) is jewel, gemstone and pearl. Artists making pictures also represents the nakshatra which is a more apt representation.
The nakshatra activates at 5th, 20th, 32nd, 49th, 69th, 78th and 79th year of age. So any planet in the nakshatra also activates in those ages.
Tvastar or Vishwakarma, the divine architect, is the main ruling deity of the nakshatra. The Chitra lord is Mars. Virgo Sign lord is Mercury and Libra sign lord is Venus.
We are back in the story of Sun, Sandhya, Chayya. Sandhya returned to Sun but again she could not tolerate the heat of the sun and returned back taking the form of Mare. Sun followed her and while searching he reached in the house of Sandhya’s father, Vishwakarma, to ask her whereabouts.
Vishwakarma asked Sun to reduce his heat and told whereabouts of Sandhya. Sun said that he cannot reduce his heat as it is his characteristics and cannot do anything about that. Hearing that Vishwakarma with the help of divine architect cuts off the sun rays to reduce heat of the sun. This is also the story behind big bang theory as these rays that were cut off from Sun took the shape of other planets.
Chitra nakshatra Pada 1:
The first pada of the nakshatra falls in Leo Navamsa. Sun rules Leo. They love to know aboutb theimselves and love to put it in real life. The pride of the native needs to be controlled for self expression to be positive and they are devoid of selfishness.
Chitra nakshatra pada 2:
The second pada of the nakshatra falls in virgo navamsa. Mercury rules Virgo. They are on learning, self discrimination and the ambition usually comes from fruitation of the pada.
Chitra nakshatra pada 3:
The third pada of the nakshatra falls in Libra navamsa ruled by Venus. They focus on music, arts and exotic sciences. They can also be spendthrift.
Chitra nakshatra pada 4:
The fourth pada of the nakshatra falls in Scorpio navamsa ruled by mars. There is an excess and chaotic energy so the person must channelize their energy to pursue their ambition.
Interpretation of the nakshatra:
- They can be artistic, skillful and talented as Chitra represents creative people.
- They often connects to working with pictures and images. Hence, they can be architects, photographer, graphic designer etc.
- They can be astrologer too as astrology is the picture of the sky
- As Vishwakarma is the deity and mars is the ruler of the nakshatra, the nakshatra connects to real estate, land and construction.
- They can also be very structured in the work they do.
- At the same time, they can be in analytical work, if any planet in Chitra nakshatra is placed in Virgo.
- As Vishwakarma counselled Sun about relationship with Sandhya, they can be good relationship counselor, more so in portion of Libra.
- Chitra can be a heavy energy in Virgo as Mars is in enemy sign , it can be more balanced in Libra as Venus and Mars are neutral to each other.
- Out of 27 nakshatras, Chitra is the middle nakshatra of equilibrium , they can be balanced in any given situation.
- It is the nakshatra of creative, artistic and structured people.
What is the rashi of Chitra nakshatra?
Half of the nakshatra pada falls in Virgo sign and other half falls in Libra sign.
How is the married life of Chitra nakshatra people?
The spouse of Chitra nakshatra people remains extremely attractive. Read: Moon in all nakshatras in Vedic astrology for better understanding.