As per Vaastu, every single item in your house should be in a specific place or direction, if you want to bring in positive energy and prosperity. Vastu Shastra also provides principles of layout, design, and measurement that intend to align architecture with nature, thereby ensuring peace and harmony.
Vastu Shastra, however, places great emphasis on wall clocks and their placement. The clock represents time and hence it is important to place the clock in a dpecific direction. Following wall clock Vastu principles can result in a continuous flow of positive energy throughout every corner of the house.
Vastu tips of wall clock
- The position of wall clock in north direction is ideal for the house. As per Hindu culture, Kubera, the God of Wealth, rules over the north direction. Indra, the King of Gods, exercises dominance over the East direction.
- You can also place the clock in east or pendulum clock in eastern direction.
- Wall clock can be in west direction but that can be the last option opted only if east and north are occupied.
- The placement of bedroom wall clock should be in such a way that one can see it from bed.
- Always hang wall clock inside house.
- Repair and replace non working wall clock. Always keep the wall clock clean.
- The wall clock should be at correct time or 2 minutes ahead of time. The clock should not be behind corect time.
- Avoid keeping wall clock in South direction.
- Broken or stopped clock should be avoided in house. A wall clock represents your life. So, ensure all wall clocks in your home are in perfect working condition.
- The glass of the clock should not be broken.
- The wall clock should not face bedroom door. In bedroom, the wall clock should be in east direction preferably.
- Make sure that the bed is not reflected on the glass of wall clock.
- The clock should not have war or grief designs.
- One should take care not to hang wall clocks above any entrance in the home. They should also not be placed above the level of any door frame in the room.
- The round shape is the ideal wall clock shape, according to Vastu. Therefore, it’s better to opt for the classic design.
- Choose a light colour for your wall clock at home, like white, light grey, sky blue, light green, cream, etc. Don’t go for darker wall clock shades.