Anuradha nakshatra in vedic astrology is the 17th nakshatra.
Signs and degrees:
Anuradha nakshatra (or star) falls within 3.20 degrees of Scorpio and 16.2 degrees of Scorpio. Anuradha nakshatra falls in Scorpio sign.
Name and its meaning
Anuradha derives its name from two words Anu and Radha. Anu means following and Radha means desire as Radha Krishna was desire of each other. So Anuradha means following the desire of heart.
Staff or a thick stick or lotus represents the nakshatra. Victory arch also represents the nakshtra.
Anuradha nakshatra activates at the age of 25th, 26th, 29th, 37th, 44th, 48th, 63rd, 66th, 78th and 84th years of age,
The deity of anuradha nakshatra is Mitra, one of the 12 adityas. It is also the God of friendship, good faith and cordiality. The sign lord is Mars Ketu and lord of Anuradha is Saturn.
The mythological story of Anuradha nakshatra is the story of Radha Krishna. The deity of the nakshatra is Mitra means friend. It is because radha was devoted to krishna, her love was selfless. She was a friend to krishna. So unselfish love, devotion and friendship become the base of Anuradha nakshatra.
Anuradha Nakshatra 1st Pada:
It falls in Leo navamsa ruled by Sun. They need to understand themselves, control of pride is also necessary. But they can apply their lessons in their career. They have intense energy due to Sun, Ketu, mars and Saturn.
Anuradha Nakshatra 2nd Pada:
It falls in Virgo navamsa ruled by Mercury. They are disciplined, learned and love group activities. The strong planets are rahu or mercury. Hence, the pada shows fulfillment of ambitions.
Anuradha Nakshatra 3rd Pada:
It falls in Libra navamsa ruled by Venus. They focus on music, arts and exotic science. Venus and Saturn gives amiable nature to the person.
Anuradha Nakshatra 4th Pada:
As the fourth pada falls in Scorpio sign there is excessive energy that needs to be channelized properly.
Interpretation of Anuradha nakshatra:
- Radha is another name of vishakha nakshatra. So Vishakha nakshtra is the later nakshatra. Hence the name of the nakshatra is Anuradha.
- As the meaning of the nakshatra is following the desires of heart, such people can always be in the pursuit of following the desire of heart. They donot do things halfheartedly .
- As the entire nakshatra is within scorpio sign, the traits of Scorpio becomes prominent here. Such people loves to deal with occult and mysticism. The lordship of Saturn can attract them towards mystical side of life.
- Staff as a symbol signifies protection and defense. It is also believed that the sages used to carry their staffs and all the magical and mystical power were embedded in those staffs. It shows that people with Anuradha nakshatra can get mystical power by which they can safeguard themselves and others.
- The symbol of victory arch shows that such people can go through any challenges to achieve success or desire of heart.
- They completely devotes themselves as lovers or friends. Hence they can have blind faith on someone.
- Saturn is the lord of the nakshatra. So, they are humble, grounded, liberal and treat everyone equally.
- Their logical intellect grows as they love to do research.
- The nakshatra is in the middle of Scorpio sign. It connects with Kundalini awakening.
- As it is a part of Scorpio, they are sexual people.
- They love to follow their passion and finally they can lead the path of what their heart wants.