Magha nakshatra is the tenth nakshatra in vedic astrology.
Signs and degrees:
Magha nakshatra is present across 0 degree to 13.2 degree of Leo. So Magha nakshatra is entirely within Leo and always shows the traits of Leo.
Meaning and representation:
Magha nakshatra comes from the word “mega” which means great, mighty, biggest or highest. Royal throne or sometimes lion sitting beside the royal throne represents the nakshatra.
The nakshatra activates at the age of 18th, 31st, 46th, 49th, 51st, 52nd, 60th, 61st, 70th and 89th years of age.
The activation age of the nakshatra activates the planet on the nakshatra.
The deity of magha nakshatra is Pitri or ancestirs, nakshatra lord is Ketu. The lord of Leo is Sun.
The mythology states Lord krishna conquering and dancing on the serpent head of Kalia where the head of Kali became the throne of Krishna.
Magha nakshatra pada 1:
The first pada of the nakshatra falls in Aries Navamsa ruled by mars. Hence, it focuses on will power and they achieve throne by slaying serpant.
Magha nakshatra pada 2:
The second pada of the nakshatra falls in Taurus Navamsa ruled by Venus. Hence, the pada is focused on reaching the position of throne. They are also focused on duty, materialistic things and creating an image.
Magha nakshatra pada 3:
The third pada of the nakshatra falls in Gemini Navamsa ruled by Mercury. Hence, they are focused on arts and communication. At the same time, they have a lot of knowledge and mental activities.
Magha nakshatra pada 4:
The fourth pada of the nakshatra falls in cancer Navamsa ruled by moon. Hence, they like rituals, ancestor worship and family pride.
Interpretation of Magha nakshatra:
Here are some of the interpretation of magha nakshatra:
1. As Magha nakshatra entirely occupies the Leo sign , so the nakshatra expresses itself best in Leo or the sign Leo expresses itself best in magha nakshatra.
2. So those people always tries to be in authority or any planet sitting there, they try to be authoritative related to the activities of the planet.
3. They always like to be in focus or be the center of attraction. They also love to be praised and it helps them to gain confidence and self esteem.
4. At the same time, they can be power hungry and can get trapped by flattery.
5. They also love to work with govt or authoritative people. The story of Krishna indicates conquering over base desire of life. Hence, such native can gain king like status once the person goes beyond materialistic pleasure of life.
6. They must understand that even if they are in authority they should not misutilize the power of Leo by showing their pride or ego on others rather they should encourage others to stand for themselves. Ketu rules the nakshatra. It shows that nothing stays forever so it also indicates attaining spiritual progress.
Connection with past life
As Pitri or ancestor are deity of Magha nakshatra, it shows that whichever planet sits on the nakshatra , the person related to the planet can have some past life connection with the native. They can also be creative and can achieve celebrity status through creativity. Such person must let go of their ego in order attain the royal status of life.