Shatabhistha/Shatabhishak nakshatra in vedic astrology is the 24th nakshatra in vedic astrology
Signs and degrees
Shatabhistha nakshatra (or star) falls within 6.4 degree of Aquarius to 20 degree of Aquarius. The nakhshtra is entirely within Aquarius sign so it will have all the traits of Aquarius.
Meaning and representation
Shatabhistha or shatabhishak nakshatra means “the hundred physicians” or “the hundred healers of God”. An empty circle represents the nakshatra which also means that human life is circular in nature or events in human life are circular. It also can mean the seed we sow , so shall we reap.
The star activates at the age of 24th, 28th, 35th, 42nd, 51st to 53rd, 62nd, 65th, 67th, 68th, 75th and 81st year of age.
The deity of the nakshatra is Varuna, the God of ocean. The nakshatra lord is rahu and sign lord is Saturn-Rahu.
As the nakshatra lord is Rahu so mythological story of Rahu-ketu comes into existence. Here the energy of rahu is not demonic in nature as Rahu works here for humanitarian purpose and satabhishakha as well as Aquarius also represents same thing like working for others. The star can also be linked with many mythological characters like Ram, Sita, Mandovi, urmila but finally it means living life for others.
Various interpretation of the nakshatra:
Shatabhisha Nakshatra 1st Pada:
The first pada falls in the Sagittarius Navamsa ruled by Jupiter. These natives are casual, optimistic and generous but they can get cheated.
Shatabhisha Nakshatra 2nd Pada:
The second pada falls in the Capricorn Navamsa ruled by Saturn. They are practical and methodical, but the native may become over-ambitious.
Shatabhisha Nakshatra 3rd Pada:
The third pada falls in the Aquarius Navamsa ruled by Saturn. They are far-sighted, although they can sometimes be hot-tempered, or eccentric.
Shatabhisha Nakshatra 4th Pada:
The fourth pada falls in the Pisces Navamsa ruled by Jupiter. They are focused on compassion and healing. Negative planets can make the native addicted to intoxication.
- As the nakshatra falls entirely with Aquarius sign, the nakshatra is all about serving humanity or working for higher cause as the nakshatra resembles the trait of Aquarius sign.
- People with this star can also work in MNC but later they may work as entrepreneur.
- This nakshatra poeple live for others and they are much into sacrifice and service. So they may feel loss of materialistic things in life.
- Shatabhistha or shatabhishak nakshatra mean “the hundred physicians” so they can be natural healers or doctors. Even if they dont have medical degree they can be better than certified doctors.
- Even if they are not in medical service, they can serve humanity or in service of others and always look to work for higher purpose in life.
- They can also be in some technological inventions and serving humanity through innovation. They can also be in media related work.
- the deity of Shatabhistha or shatabhishak nakshatra is Varuna, it shows that they can hide many secrets. Outside they may be calm but inside they can have storm of feelings and thoughts.
- “Empty circle” symbol shows circle of life and death and serving the humanity.
- They are very eccentric people , they like to socialize with people. Their humanitarian nature can be a problem in materialistic gains ,
- They are humanitarians and live life for others. They may feel that they never gets the due credit of their duty done or provided