Swathi nakshatra is the 15th nakshatra in vedic astrology.
Symbol and representation
The root word “Swa” means self so Swati means independent and self sustaining. A tiny grass leaf blown by wind is the symbol of the nakshatra. Wind is symbol of Swati.
Sign and degrees:
Swati nakshatra falls within 6.4 degree of Libra and 20 degree of Libra. So Swati nakshatra falls completely within Libra sign.
The nakshatra activates in the age of 3rd, 20th, 30th, 37th, 39th, 41st, 45th, 55th and 84th year of age.
Deity , nakshatra lord, sign lord:
Vayu or Pawan Dev is the main presiding deity of the nakshatra. He is known as God of wind. The lord of Swati is Rahu and sign lord is Venus.
The apparent link of Swati nakshatra in mythology is found with characters of Hanuman in Ramayana and Bheem in Mahabharata. They were son of Pawan dev and showed the great qualities of powerful wind in both the stories.
Interpretation of Swati nakshatra:
- Not only name but each and every symbol of swati nakshatra indicates independence. This makes the swati nakshatra the most independent character ever.
- As Swati falls in Libra sign, it is the nakshatra that expresses true qualities of Libra like balance, justice, business and fair play.
- Wind is independent, free flowing , powerful and cannot be captured. Hence, those people are born to be independent.
- As the nakshatra is entirely in the sign of Libra, the sign of business, hence, they can be very good in business field. On the other hand, doing a job can be worst career for them.
- Sun is ego and Libra is relationship. One needs to let go of the ego or egoistic desires to maintain relationship. So sun is debilitated in Libra. Rahu rules Swati and Rahu eclipse Sun . So, sun reaches its exact debilitation point in Swati.
- They have a very balanced nature. So they can be mediator or diplomats between two warring sides.
- At the same time, they can be very strong physically, mentally as the nakshatra is associated with Pawan Dev, Hanuman and Bheem. However, they would love to live a life of independence.
- They are most independent and freedom loving people. They must also realize their own potential.
Swati nakshatra pada 1:
The first pada of the nakshatra falls in Sagittarius Navamsa ruled by Jupiter. They are inquisitive and restless. Travel is on card.
Swati nakshatra Pada 2:
The second Pada of the nakshatra falls in Capricorn Navamsa ruled by Saturn. They are grounded and stable.
Swati nakshatra Pada 3:
The third pada of the nakshatra falls in Aquarius Navamsa ruled by Saturn. They are creative, loves to gain knowledge and has good team spirit to achieve their goals.
Swati nakshatra Pada 4:
The fourth pada of the nakshatra falls in Pisces Navamsa ruled by Jupiter. The native is flexible.