An entryway designed to follow the principles of Vastu can facilitate the movement of good energy, and bring prosperity into your home. Here are some main door Vastu tips to design your main door as per Vastu to maintain the good flow of energy and prosperity in your home.
Vastu of main door
- The main door should be in east, north east or north direction of house. The size of main door should be bigger than sizes of other doors in the house.
- The main door must look appealing and should be constructed with superior quality wood. Avoid placing dustbin or shoe rack outside main door.
- Donot paint main door in black and never use rusted lock in main door.
- The entrance door should be well lit.
- Ensure that the main door opens in clockwise manner
- you can decorate the Main door with name plates or plants
- You can also put a bowl with flower petal as it keeps negativity away.
- Donot place statues or figurines infront of main door.
- Avoid placing fountain or decorative water centric element outside main door.
- Do not construct bathroom near main door.
- Avoid self-closing doors.
- If the house has more than one floor, the doors should not be placed one above the other on each floor.
- Avoid having three doors in a line, parallel to the main door, this pattern is considered as a serious Vastu defect and can impact the happiness in the home.
- A doormat is important as it helps to leave the negative energies outside while entering.